The winner of this tournament was Makihito Mihara, who defeated Ryou Ogura 3–0 in an all-Japanese final. He piloted a combo deck based on Dragonstorm. It was the first time players from the same country had been World Champion in back-to-back seasons. The Netherlands defeated Japan 2–0 in the team final. The total prize money awarded to the top 75 finishers was $255,245.
- Makihito Mihara
- Ryou Ogura
- Nicholas Lovett
- Gabriel Nassif
- Paulo Carvalho
- Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa
- Tiago Chan
- Katsuhiro Mori
- Netherlands – Kamiel Cornelissen, Julien Nuijten, Robert Van Medevoort
- Japan – Katsuhiro Mori, Shuhei Yamamoto, Hidenori Katayama
- Wizards of the Coast (December 1, 2006). "2006 World Championship". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (November 29-December 3, 2006). "Mihara, Dutch crowned World Champions!". Wizards of the Coast.
- Mike Flores (December 7, 2006). "The Best Decks in the Worlds". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.