The text prophecies the coming of the God-Pharaoh. According to the first prophecy, the Gate to the Afterlife would open when the Second Sun sat entirely between the horns on the horizon, revealing the promise of the God-Pharaoh.
|When the Second Sun rests between the horns on the horizon, so begins the Hour of Revelation. Then the Hour of Glory, the Hour of Promise, and finally the Hour of Eternity.||Throne of the God-Pharaoh|
|All questions will be answered during the Hour of Revelation.||Naga Oracle|
|In the Hour of Glory, the gods and the untested will prove their worth before the God-Pharaoh.||Nimble-Blade Khenra|
|When the Hour of Promise arrives, the God-Pharaoh will tear down the Hekma, for its protection will be needed no longer.||Winged Shepherd|
|When all doubts have melted away, the worthy will meet the Hour of Eternity and earn a place at the God-Pharaoh's side.||Dissenter's Deliverance|
Notably absent in the texts is the Hour of Devastation.
- In the Hour of Revelation, the Gate to the Afterlife opens, revealing the demon Razaketh, who turns the Luxa River to blood. Beyond the Gate was only the desert - representing that their entire way of life was founded on empty promises.
- In the Hour of Glory, The Scorpion God fights and kills Rhonas, and a swarm of locusts descends on Naktamun. Rhonas, the strongest of the gods, was effectively deemed unworthy - and by extension, all the citizens are unworthy of the God-Pharaoh.
- In the Hour of Promise, The Locust God's swarm destroys the Hekma, while The Scorpion God kills Oketra and Kefnet. The Hekma's protection is no longer needed, as the God-Pharaoh has no need for the remaining living citizens of Naktamun.
- In the Hour of Eternity, Bolas' army of Eternals is revealed and unleashed. The only Worthy are the Eternals, and their only purpose at the God-Pharaoh's side was as an army of living weapons.
- In the Hour of Devastation, Naktamun is destroyed and the Gatewatch is defeated.
War of the Spark
- In War of the Spark, the Hours were re-created in the Finales cycle, although the colors were different:
- Doug Beyer and Alison Luhrs (May 17, 2017). "Judgment". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Flavor text for Seer of the Last Tomorrow
- Alison Luhrs (June 7, 2017). "The Hour of Revelation". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Michael Yichao (June 21, 2017). "The Hour of Glory". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Alison Luhrs (June 28, 2017). "The Hour of Promise". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ken Troop (July 12, 2017). "Hour of Eternity". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ken Troop (July 26, 2017). "Hour of Devastation". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.