|Part of||Terisian Isles|
|Formerly part of||Terisiare|
Almaaz is one of the five main continents of the Terisian Isles.
After the Ice Age, it became one of the five main Terisian Isles. It is located east of Lat-Nam, south of Gulmany and west of Yavimaya and New Argive. It is bordered by the South Sea, the Sea of Almaaz in the north and the Sea of Laments in the east.
Known locations[edit | edit source]
- Almaaz, a powerful kingdom.
- Ruins of Ancient Almaaz buried beneath the dunes.
- Fallajia, the Fallaji nation of the eastern deserts and plains. A tiny remnant of the ancient mighty Fallaji Empire.
- The Erg Desert in the western half of the island.
- The Kingdom of Wyrvill or Wyrvil orc Kingdom in the western erg.
- The Borderlands
- A colony of Yavimaya on the eastern tip of the island. Connected to Yavimaya by a Magnigoth Mangal.
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Martha Wells (March 21, 2018). "Return to Dominaria, Episode 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ethan Fleischer (April 20, 2018). "Dominarian Cartography". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Not much is known about it, but the following blurb about dating systems reveals that Almaaz was around after 3000 A.R.: The third dating system is the centralized Common Era (CE). This dating system is used on Almaaz, the oldest surviving Terisian nation (having existed for over 4000 years west of Argive). Common Era’s 0 dating is around 3000 AR or so-making it a very modern calendar. Indeed, Common Era was established by the New Sumifans, the current culture reigning over Almaaz. Source: Teri McLaren (1996) Song of Time, Harper Prism
- As Fallajian territories in the Song of Time novel.
- First named in the Song of Time novel
- As Erg in the Song of Time novel. Not to be confused with the Erg Mirab