|Multiple Card Types|
List of artifact lands
- Modern Horizons 2
- Power Depot () first non-creature artifact with Modular.
- Bridges (indestructible dual taplands):
- Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms
The Mirrodin artifact lands heavily contributed to the dominance of the affinity-based deck archetypes, and thus, in March 2005, all six were banned from Standard (Darksteel Citadel, however, was later reprinted in Magic 2015, and the ban did not carry over with the reprint.) In the Modern format, all but Darksteel Citadel were banned from the beginning.
Due to the high amount of artifact synergy in Modern Horizons 2 almost twenty years later, R&D decided to try out a cycle of dual artifact lands for color fixing and as a resource in other synergistic ways. Because the set included a higher-than-normal count of artifact-targeting removal, it was decided to make them indestructible. The cards depict pre-Phyrexian Mirrodin.
- Artifact Land
- A combination of artifact and land that’s subject to the rules for both. Artifact lands can only be played as lands, not cast as spells. See rule 301, “Artifacts,” and rule 305, “Lands.”
- The location depicted in each Mirrodin artifact land was also featured in the art of the appropriate Sun's Zenith card from Scars of Mirrodin.
- The artwork of each colored artifact land from the Mirrodin cycle was copied on a basic land from New Phyrexia, representing darker versions of the original.
- Randy Buehler (September 5, 2003). "When Artifacts Aren't Spells". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (November 25, 2003). "Mirrodin Playtest Cards IV: Artifact Lands". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Dan Musser (May 26, 2021). "Bridges from Limited to Modern". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.