She once summoned a Lord of the Pit named Vincent for a duel but ran out of stuff to feed it. She escaped being eaten herself by entering into his service as a chef for seven years and seven days. She offered to feed him a new dish every single meal so long as he didn't eat her. Vincent agreed, but only on the condition that if he ever became bored with her dishes, he'd have her for the next meal.
Asmor managed to surprise Vincent with every dish that she prepared and near the end of her service he became wistful and offered her a full job cooking for him without a threat of death. She just wanted to get out of Hell, so Vincent asked her to collect all her recipes for him for when she left. She agreed, but only if she could make copies to sell in the overworld. About 20 copies of the Underworld Cookbook were made, but only two were sold in five months (one to Vincent and one to her mother).
So disgusted with the failure of the cookbook, Asmor told her imps to incinerate the rest of them. The imps got lazy on their way to the furnace and just tossed the books into the overworld. After the books were found, people started trying to put together her recipes and they ended up being just the rage in the high courts. A lot of ogres, goblins, throat wolves and other creatures that she had described as delicious were now hunted as ingredients. This meant that they had a huge grudge against Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar and tried to track her down to kill her as soon as she got free.
She decided to write a second volume to the cookbook to get the monsters off her back with entries like "1,001 ways to prepare elf" and a number of dishes aimed at serving the upper class, including methods for preparing goblin princes, dwarven councilors, and elven aristocrats.
The Underworld Cookbook
- Honey-baked breast of granite gargoyle
- Sautéed beebles
- Cubed pegasus in red sauce with dragonfly garnish
- Basilisk eye in Jasconius sauce
- Atog pâté on honey-soaked ironroot bark
- Barbequed Throat Wolf ribs
- Gray Ogre toes in a sweet black sauce
The Underworld Cookbook, Volume Two
- 1,001 ways to prepare elf
- A dish including goblin prince
- A dish including dwarven councilor
- A dish including elven aristocrat
- Represented in:
- Associated cards:
- Depicted in:
- Quoted or referred to:
- Ethan Fleischer (September 6, 2019). "Pronouncing Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar". Twitter.
- Chef's Surprise by Sonia Orin Lyris from the Distant Planes Anthology
- Aaron Forsythe (May 26, 2021). "Challenge Accepted!". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ethan Fleischer (June 10, 2021). "The Returning Legends of Modern Horizons 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Granite Gargoyle flavor text
- Lightning Axe flavor text
- Marble Gargoyle flavor text
- Sauté flavor text