|Reminder Text||Boast — [Activated ability] (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)|
Boast adds a drawback to an activated ability which is referred as the boast ability. The drawback is as follows: a player can only activate the boast ability after the creature with the ability attacks and at most once each turn. Boast abilities can be activated during combat or even after combat — any time in the turn after the creature was declared as an attacker.
Cards interacting with ForetellEdit
- Birgi, God of Tales allows a second Boast ability activation.
- Dragonkin Berserker reduces Boast abilities by for each Dragon you control.
Legendary Creature — Human Berserker
Boast — : You may change Arni Brokenbrow's base power to 1 plus the greatest power among other creature you control until end of turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire
Creature — Demon Rogue
Boast — : Target player searches their library for a card, then shuffles their library and puts that card on top of it. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
- Matt Tabak (December 7, 2020). "Kaldheim Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (January 11, 2021). "Boast really feels like an ability word but it’s formatted completely differently?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (January 11, 2021). "So a card could say "When a creature boasts"?". Blogatog. Tumblr.