Bryan Hawley is a former Magic player, playing in 4 Pro Tours before joining R&D. He later became a developer for the game at Wizards of the Coast. Since May, 2018, he is the manager of the Play Design team. As such, he is part of the Magic Studio X Adminstration.
Bryan started in R&D working not on Magic but on the Japanese TCG Duel Masters. Eventually a slot opened up on Magic development, and Bryan shifted over. Bryan's biggest responsibility was being the content lead for Magic Duels (overseeing all the card content — which cards the players have access to as well as what goes into specific decks that you fight either with or against), and he was also very active in the Future Future League, the internal playtest league where R&D playtests the future to make sure they can catch potential problems.
- Tempest Remastered
- Eternal Masters
- Eldritch Moon
- Conspiracy: Take the Crown
- Modern Masters 2017
- Amonkhet (co-lead)
- Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (lead)
- Hour of Devastation
- Commander 2017 (lead)
- Iconic Masters (lead)
- Commander 2019
- Double Masters (lead)
- Adventures in the Forgotten Realms
- Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate
- Bryan Hawley (April 24, 2019). "Checking in With Play Design". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Bryan Hawley Profile. LinkedIn.
- Wizards of the Coast (June, 2019). "Core Set 2020 Credits". Magicthegathering.com.
- Mark Rosewater (June 27, 2016). "Over the Moon, Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard (July 1, 2016). "Developing Eldritch Moon". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard (December 9, 2016). "Kaladesh Mailbag". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (August 15, 2016). "It's Another Conspiracy". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Dan Burdick (June 16, 2017). "On the Shoulders of Giants". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.