|(Subtype for enchantment cards)|
5 cardsas of Amonkhet
20% 20% 20% 20% 20%
Cartouches enchant creatures, giving them a boost that represents some kind of success or accomplishment. They give the creature they are enchanted to a boost of +1/+1 and a keyword, which is primary in that color. They also carry a secondary enter the battlefield effect, which also directly reflects the flavor of its color.
Amonkhet cartouches are linked to the Trials of the Five Gods and each Cartouche shares a part of its name with the trial corresponding to its color. However, in flavour cartouches are also used for control magic, such as maintaining the Anointed under control as well as restrain dissenters.
- 205.3h Enchantments have their own unique set of subtypes; these subtypes are called enchantment types. The enchantment types are Aura (see rule 303.4), Background, Cartouche, Class (see rule 717), Curse, Rune, Saga (see rule 715), Shard, and Shrine.
- Cartouche of Solidarity () — Create a 1/1 White Warrior with vigilance and give enchanted creature +1/+1 and first strike.
- Cartouche of Knowledge () — Draw a card and give enchanted creature +1/+1 and flying.
- Cartouche of Ambition () — Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature and give enchanted creature +1/+1 and lifelink.
- Cartouche of Zeal () — Prevent target creature from blocking this turn and give enchanted creature +1/+1 and haste.
- Cartouche of Strength () — Enchanted creature fights target creature and give enchanted creature +1/+1 and trample.
All trials have an enter the battlefield effect and a secondary effect which returns them to their owner's hand when a Cartouche enters the battlefield under your control. Each trial has good synergy with their respective Cartouche.
- Trial of Solidarity () — Creatures you control get +2/+1 and vigilance until end of turn.
- Trial of Knowledge () — Draw three cards and discard one.
- Trial of Ambition () — Target opponent sacrifices a creature.
- Trial of Zeal () — Deals three damage to any target.
- Trial of Strength () — Creates a 4/2 Beast token.
- Matt Tabak (April 3, 2017). "Amonkhet Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Dave Humpherys (April 4, 2017). "Developing Amonkhet". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Kelly Digges (April 19, 2017). "Servants". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer and Alison Luhrs (2017-05-17). "Judgement". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Flavor text of Crook of Condemnation