|This article is a Article Stub that is short and needs improvement. . |
You can help Magic: The Gathering Wiki by expanding it.
Chroma is an ability word.
Cards with chroma require a count of the number of specific colored mana symbols on cards.
- Different chroma abilities have different effects and check different sets of cards or permanents. Read each card carefully.
- Chroma abilities check only mana costs, which are found in a card's upper right corner. They don't count mana symbols that appear in a card's text box.
- Chroma abilities count hybrid mana symbols of the appropriate color. For example, a card with mana cost has two red mana symbols in its mana cost.
- Many chroma abilities check a set of permanents that includes the one with the chroma ability. For example, Heartlash Cinder's chroma ability includes itself, so it'll get at least +1/+0. Similarly, Primalcrux (a creature with power and toughness each equal to the number of green mana symbols in the mana costs of permanents you control) will be at least 6/6 while it's in play.
- Copy effects, such as Spitting Image and Clone, copy a permanent's mana cost (and all the mana symbols therein). A token that's a copy of a permanent will copy that permanent's mana cost, if that permanent has one, and will be counted for chroma abilities.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.