|God of the Voyage|
Description[edit | edit source]
Cosima features in just about every prayer that the Omenseekers make while at sea. The "Omenkeel", Cosima's longboat, is a magical vehicle that can carry its passengers through the Cosmos to any of the Ten Realms and a destination chosen by the goddess.
History[edit | edit source]
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She is based on Rán, the old Norse goddess of the sea, and Njörðr, the old Norse god of sea, seafaring, wind, fishing and wealth.
- Cosima's origin as a Cosmos monster may be inspired by Skaði; she was a jötunn who got accepted in the Norse pantheon.
- Furthermore, it must be noted that in the myth, the God of Winter was female, while the God of the Sea was male. Thus, it may be assumed that Cosima and Jorn are gender-bendered versions of their inspirations.
- The Omenkeel is based on Skíðblaðnir, the magic boat of the god Freyr.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ari Zirulnik (January 8, 2021). "Planeswalker's Guide to Kaldheimo Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Roy Graham (September 25, 2020). "Episode 1: Travelers". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Roy Graham (January 13, 2021). "Kaldheim Episode 2: Awaken the Trolls". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.