|Reminder Text||No official reminder text|
Create is an evergreen keyword action. It was consolidated with a name in Kaladesh and first seen on the FNM promo for October 2016, Rise from the Tides, although Wizards of the Coast defined it just only as a new vocabulary.
- To create a token is to put a token onto the battlefield. See rule 701.6, “Create.”
- 701.6. Create
- 701.6a To create one or more tokens with certain characteristics, put the specified number of tokens with the specified characteristics onto the battlefield.
- 701.6b If a replacement effect applies to a token being created, that effect applies before considering any continuous effects that will modify the characteristics of that token. If a replacement effect applies to a token entering the battlefield, that effect applies after considering any continuous effects that will modify the characteristics of that token.
- 701.6c Previously, an effect that created tokens instructed a player to “put [those tokens] onto the battlefield.” Cards that were printed with that text have received errata in the Oracle card reference so they now “create” those tokens.
- Blake Rasmussen (July 26, 2016). "August Through October FNM Promo Update". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (July 26, 2016). "Can you talk about the changed wording ("Create a token...") on the recently revealed FNM promo?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Matt Tabak (September 2, 2016). "Kaladesh Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (September 16, 2016). "Kaladesh Release Notes". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Eli Shiffrin (September 30, 2016). "Kaladesh Update Bulletin". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.