|Last Used||Modern Horizons 2|
|Reminder Text||This creature can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less.|
68.4% 10.5% 5.3% 15.8%
Prior to Daunt, attempts were made to give Green and Red another form of evasion, and this was around the time when trample (functionally, unblockable by low toughness) was being reconsidered as a keyword. "Unblockable by lesser power" was used sporadically since Guildpact, but the design space is small and plays poorly; only eight cards were printed with this ability, all in green. Later, Red received two cards with "unblockable by 1 power or less" on Hero of Oxid Ridge and War-Name Aspirant.
The blocking restriction was first printed on Magic 2015's Scuttling Doom Engine. As an experiment, it was also featured on several cards in Kaladesh and Amonkhet. The power level is generally higher than most common keywords, so since is used only in one or two cards a set, if at all. As such, it has few prospects as being officially named.
Cards with Daunt
- Arlinn's Wolf
- Brushfire Elemental
- Demolition Stomper
- Elegant Edgecrafters
- Enraged Ceratok
- Fin-Clade Fugitives
- Garenbrig Paladin
- Gate Colossus
- Giltgrove Stalker
- Glinting Creeper
- Greater Sandwurm
- Outland Boar
- Questing Beast
- Ravenous Slime
- Rhonas's Stalwart as an exert ability
- Scuttling Doom Engine
- Steel Leaf Champion
Cards granting Daunt
- Mark Rosewater (October 3, 2016). ""Do You Feel Lucky, Aetherpunk?" Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 5, 2017). "Mechanical Color Pie 2017". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (October 4, 2016). "Are we one day going to lose trample as an Evergreen keyword?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (October 4, 2016). "I think it is a good mechanic, but not worth replacing Trample.". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (October 3, 2016). "You forgot about Demolition Stomper". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (May 6, 2017). "Is Daunt a mechanic we can expect to see more of in the future?". Blogatog. Tumblr.