Andrew is attacking with a Deadly Recluse and Neil blocks it with a Canyon Minotaur. Even though Deadly Recluse only has one power, which wouldn't normally kill something with three toughness, Deadly Recluse will still kill the Minotaur as it has deathtouch.
- 702.2a. Deathtouch is a static ability.
- 702.2b. A creature with toughness greater than 0 that’s been dealt damage by a source with deathtouch since the last time state-based actions were checked is destroyed as a state-based action. See rule 704.
- 702.2c. Any nonzero amount of combat damage assigned to a creature by a source with deathtouch is considered to be lethal damage for the purposes of determining if a proposed combat damage assignment is valid, regardless of that creature’s toughness. See rules 510.1c–d.
- 702.2d. The deathtouch rules function no matter what zone an object with deathtouch deals damage from.
- 702.2e. If an object changes zones before an effect causes it to deal damage, its last known information is used to determine whether it had deathtouch.
- 702.2f. Multiple instances of deathtouch on the same object are redundant.
First Strike • Flash • Flying • Haste • Hexproof • Indestructible
Lifelink • Menace • Prowess • Reach • Trample • Vigilance