Defeat a God
Description[edit | edit source]
The Challenge Deck is a special self-running deck with its own set of rules, which are printed on the Game Day vinyl playmat. A paper copy of the playmat is included with each Challenge Deck. The 60 card deck contains 15 different cards, which for the first time include enchantments. The God may be battled with the customized "Godslayer" forged by the player in step #7 of the Hero's Path.
Decklist — Defeat a God[edit | edit source]
Legendary Enchantment Creature (1)
Enchantment Creatures (2)
How to play[edit | edit source]
The challenge uses the regular Magic rules, with the following exceptions:
Player[edit | edit source]
- You start with up to three different Hero cards on the battlefield. (You don't need a Hero to play.)
- You attack Xenagos Ascended and the Revellers directly with your creatures. Any number of creatures can attack a single Reveler
- You may target Xenagos Ascended, as though it were a player.
Xenagos[edit | edit source]
- Xenagos Ascended and two cards named Rollicking Throng begin the game on the Battlefield. Shuffle the rest of Xenagos's deck to begin the game.
- At the beginning of Xenagos' main phase each turn, reveal the top two cards of the Xenagos's library. Then Xenagos casts those cards.
- Xenagos Ascended and reveler creatures don't attack unless the card specifically says they do.
- You make the choice if Xenagos needs to make a decision.
- Ignore effects that would cause Xenagos to draw or discard cards, or perform any other impossible actions.
- If one of Xenagos's pemanents would go to any zone other than his library or graveyard, that card is put into Xenagos' graveyard.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike McArtor (May 23, 2014). "Journey into Nyx Game Day and Challenge Deck (with Multiplayer)". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.