Django Wexler is an American fantasy author. He has published the "flintlock fantasy" series The Shadow Campaigns (2013–2018), the young adult Forbidden Library fantasy series, and other works.
Before he began writing full time, Wexler was a programmer/writer for Microsoft. He grew up in Westchester, NY and went to school at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh, where he earned degrees in Computer Science and Creative Writing. He now lives in Seattle.
In March 2019, it was revealed at the Emerald City Comic-Con (ECCC) that Wexler would write a 20 chapter prequel ‘novel’ to War of the Spark: Ravnica, The Gathering Storm, that would become available through the website of publisher Del Rey (part of Random House) instead of at Magicthegathering.com. Django’s story featured Ral Zarek, Vraska, Kaya, Niv-Mizzet, and Lavinia, and was set during the time period the Gatewatch was away from Ravnica. Wexler’s story featured his new original character Hekara, a cheerful Rakdos emissary.
Wexler is the author of the novella Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths — Sundered Bond, released on April 7, 2020. In August 2021, Wexler was announced as the author of a prequel novel to the Magic: The Gathering Netflix series.
- Django Wexler (Wikipedia)
- Stefan Fergus (April 03, 2013). "Interview with DJANGO WEXLER". Civilian Reader. Tumblr.
- Jay Annelli (March 18, 2019). "Storytelling in Magic: the Gathering Panel at ECCC 2019". Archive Trap Mini. Tumblr.
- Random House (March 2019). "Free Magic Stories from Django Wexler"
- Blake Rasmussen (March 26, 2020). "Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths—Sundered Bond Ebook". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic: The Gathering Reveals Slate of 2022 Products. Hasbro (August 24, 2021).