|Last Used||Modern Horizons 2|
|Reminder Text||Entwine [cost] (Choose all if you pay the entwine cost.)|
20% 13.3% 16.7% 20% 23.3% 3.3% 3.3%
As you cast a spell with entwine, if you additionally pay the entwine cost, instead of choosing only one of the modes of the spell, you choose all of them.
- A keyword ability that lets a player choose all modes for a spell rather than just the number specified. See rule 702.42, “Entwine.”
- 702.42. Entwine
- 702.42a Entwine is a static ability of modal spells (see rule 700.2) that functions while the spell is on the stack. “Entwine [cost]” means “You may choose all modes of this spell instead of just the number specified. If you do, you pay an additional [cost].” Using the entwine ability follows the rules for choosing modes and paying additional costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2f–h.
- 702.42b If the entwine cost was paid, follow the text of each of the modes in the order written on the card when the spell resolves.
- You decide whether you're paying the entwine cost as you cast the spell.
- If you choose not to pay the entwine cost, you can choose only one mode. If you choose to pay the entwine cost, you choose both modes.
- If you pay the entwine cost, choose targets for both modes as you cast the spell. When the spell resolves, follow the instructions in the order they're written.
Betrayal of Flesh
Choose one —
• Destroy target creature.
• Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Entwine — Sacrifice three lands. (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
- Mark Rosewater (April 13, 2015). "Maro's Command". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 20, 2016). "25 More Random Things About Magic". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak (May 31, 2019). "Modern Horizons Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.