|Part of||Kush (land)|
|Formerly part of||Kush|
High City of Kush
|Part of||Kush (land)|
|Status||Razed, rebuilt as Estark|
Originally there were five Houses in Kush which governed each district. The master of the house dwelt in their respective house's palace and was responsible for overseeing that house's retinue of magic fighters, who resided in chapter houses throughout the Western Realm. Each house wore a different color.
Festival of the Arena
Originally, the Festival was a ritual conducted privately by magic fighters wishing to test their skill. Under Kuthuman, an arena was constructed and the Festival became a public sporting event. Fighting was governed by sessan (a code of chivalry among magic fighters) and used for gaining power, honor, and face. 
The last evening of the 978th Festival, the Night of Fire occurred, on which Zarel Ewine led a massacre of the House Oor-tael, joined by the other four houses. Kuthuman immediately capitalized on the massacre to ascend. Zarel became the new Grand Master, and he turned the games into a blood sport. The ultimate winner of each Festival was promised the opportunity to serve Kuthuman, though he secretly euthanized each one to prevent them become a threat to his own survival.
Locations in Kush
Grand Plaza, about a third of a mile across:
- Five palaces, one for each House
- Grand Palace
- Grand Arena
- Street of Butchers
- Street of Money Changers (an empty courtyard)
- Street of Silk Merchants
- Street of Sword Makers
- Street of Tanners
- Bolk Quarter
- Fentesk Quarter
- Ingkara Quarter
- Kestha Quarter
- Oor-tael Quarter
Fall of Kush
Kush was razed immediately following the 998th Festival and was rebuilt as Estark. Many of its former citizens took up a modest lifestyle in the countryside. In the Mending Era, Estark was conquered by Benalish troops under command of Knight-Commander Aryel.
All dates below are given in the Year of the Festival.
- Kuthuman (? - 978), but continued to officiate the final day of each series until 998.
- Zarel Ewine (978 - 998)
- Varena (998 - ?)
- Cullincarn, master of Oor-tael (? - 978)
- Hadin "Hammen of Jor" gar Kan master fighter of Oor-tael (? - 978), kingpin (978 - 998), master of the House of Oor-tael (998 - ?)
- Jimak Ravelth, master of Ingkara (? - 998)
- Kirlen, master of Bolk (? - 998)
- Naru, master of Bolk (998 - ?)
- Tulan, master of Kestha (? - 998)
- Varnel Buckara, master of Fentesk (? - 998)
- Garth One-eye, son of Cullincarn, winner of the Arena in 978.
- Lothor, kingpin (? - ?)
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist grew up in the streets of Estark before joining the Cabal.
- William R. Forstchen (1994). Magic: The Gathering - Arena. Harper Prism.
- Ethan Fleischer (April 20, 2018). "Dominarian Cartography". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic the Gathering: Calendar 1997.
- James Wyatt (2018), The Art of Magic: The Gathering - Dominaria. VIZ Media.
- Wizards of the Coast (April 21, 2018). "The Cabal is back in full force in Dominaria!". The Official Magic: The Gathering Tumblr. Tumblr.