|Birthplace||New Prahv, Ravnica|
Fblthp serves the Azorius Senate, working in the Magister's Gardens. He was mostly left alone to do his duties, an arrangement he was quite happy with. He would tidy up and take care of the plants, content with his lot in life. One day, Arrester Parisha took him on a mission to capture the Rakdos criminal Vadax Gor, whose taste in victims had become more specialized and deviant. As part of the operation to apprehend the cultist, Fblthp was used as a lure. When Vadax quite literally took the bait, Parisha sprang into action and saved the put-upon homunculus.
For his participation and the mission's success, Fblthp was awarded the possibility of his descendants petitioning the Senate to create a tablet to register Fblthp's exploits upon his death.
Fblthp was present during the War of the Spark. He somehow found his way to the top of Nicol Bolas's statue of himself, which was still preferable to the time he was stuck in the Juri Revue for a week.
|Title||Author||Publishing date||Set||Setting (plane)||Featuring|
- Represented in:
- Depicted in:
- Quoted or referred to:
- Possibly depicted in:
- Fblthp first appeared on the card Totally Lost from Gatecrash in 2013. However, the name of "Fblthp, the Lost" appeared as the alias of a questioner on Q&A pages as early as 2003 and 2004, which even predate the release of the original Ravnica: City of Guilds . Mark Rosewater guesses that the questioner was someone from within Wizards of the Coast, and that the name has stuck.
- Fblthp lives on Ravnica. While the Conspiracy version of Provoke doesn't have a designated plane, the homunculus shown is confirmed to not be Fblthp.
- A copycat named Mklthd is seen on Jeering Homunculus
- Fblthp is featured in the Secret Lair Drop Series: Fblthp: Completely, Utterly, Totally Lost
- Mark Rosewater (March 02, 2017). "How do you pronounce Fblthp, as in Fblthp from Totally Lost?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Matt Tabak (Februari 27, 2013). "Fblthp". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Bruce Richard (October 21, 2014). "Fblthp, Harbinger of Destruction". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Jesper Ejsing (May 6, 2019). "Fblthp, the Lost". MuddyColors.com.
- Gavin Verhey (April 2, 2019). "Totaly Found". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Chris Gleeson (February 15, 2019). "Ravnica Allegiance Art Descriptions". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (September 10, 2018). "I'm really getting worried about Fblthp.". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater's GDC 2016 talk, "Magic: the Gathering: Twenty Years, Twenty Lessons Learned", 25 minutes: 26 seconds into the youtube video.
- Who (and where) is FBLTHP??? (Video). Good Morning Magic. YouTube (December 1, 2021).
- Rune Horvik (September 20, 2003). "Saturday School #44". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (April 1, 2004). "Ask Wizards - April, 2004". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 24, 2021). "What is the secret origin of Fblthp?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Bonnie Bruenderman (June 11, 2014). "My name is NOT…". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.