Fetch lands are lands that can be sacrificed to search their controller's library for a land of a specific basic land type. Aside from allowing multicoloured decks to selectively play a desired land type, fetch lands also remove a land from the library, reducing the likelihood of drawing a land instead of a more useful card later in the game, when mana is no longer an issue.
Mirage fetch lands
Fetch lands were introduced as a cycle from Mirage. Each of these original lands entered the battlefield tapped and can be sacrificed to search for a land card with at least one of two basic land types of an allied color pair.
Onslaught fetch lands
In Onslaught a new cycle of fetch lands was introduced. Each of these lands enter the battlefield untapped in contrast to their Mirage counterparts. They allow their controller to sacrifice them and pay one life to search their library for a land card with at least one of two basic land types of an allied color pair. These five lands were reprinted in Khans of Tarkir, and those printings also appear in Fate Reforged booster packs.
- Flooded Strand (/)
- Polluted Delta (/)
- Bloodstained Mire (/)
- Wooded Foothills (/)
- Windswept Heath (/)
Shards of Alara panoramas
Shards of Alara introduced a cycle of common Panoramas; one for each shard. In addition to possessing the ability to tap for , each of them have an ability costing ", , sacrifice CARDNAME:" that allow the land's controller to search their library for a basic land card of one of the three basic land types of that shard and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
Zendikar fetch lands
In Zendikar the lands from Onslaught got their enemy colors counterparts. Each of these lands enters the battlefield untapped. They allow their controller to sacrifice them and pay one life to search their library for a land card with at least one of two basic land types of an enemy color pair. These lands were reprinted in Modern Masters 2017, Secret Lair: Ultimate Edition and Modern Horizons 2.
Miscellaneous fetch lands
- Blighted Woodland (Battle for Zendikar) — Searches for up to two basic lands when paying .
- Fabled Passage (Throne of Eldraine) — Searches for any basic land, which enters the battlefield tapped but untaps itself if you control four or more lands.
- Flagstones of Trokair (Time Spiral) — Searches a Plains card when the card is put into the graveyard, but with no sacrifice effect. The land is legendary and taps for .
- Krosan Verge (Judgment) — Searches for a Forest card and a Plains card when paying .
- Maze's End (Dragon's Maze) — Searches for any gate land when paying and is returned to the hand instead of sacrificed.
- Myriad Landscape (Commander 2014) — Searches for up to two basic lands that share a land type when paying .
- Prismatic Vista (Modern Horizons) — Searches for any basic land, which enters the battlefield untapped, when paying one life.
- Terminal Moraine (Planeshift) and Warped Landscape (Shadows over Innistrad) — Searches for any basic land when paying .
- Terramorphic Expanse (Time Spiral) and Evolving Wilds (Rise of the Eldrazi) — Searches for any basic land.
- Thawing Glaciers (Alliances) — Searches for any basic land when paying and is returned to the hand at the beginning of the next cleanup step instead of sacrificed.