Time Spiral (keyword)
|Reminder Text||Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)|
2.3% 17.8% 30.7% 9.6% 6.9% 13.9% 4% 3.6% 0.7% 0.7% 0.7% 1% 3.3% 1% 4%
Flash first appeared in the Time Spiral expansion, its first appearance in a core set was in Tenth Edition. Although this ability existed before Time Spiral, this is the first time it was used a keyword. The earliest card with Flash is King Cheetah from Visions. Older cards with this ability have received errata to give them Flash.
- A keyword ability that lets a player play a card any time they could cast an instant. See rule 702.8, “Flash.”
- 702.8. Flash
- 702.8a Flash is a static ability that functions in any zone from which you could play the card it’s on. “Flash” means “You may play this card any time you could cast an instant.”
- 702.8b Multiple instances of flash on the same object are redundant.
Creature — Bear
Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
Cards that grant Flash
|Cardtype||Name||Mana cost||Grants flash to|
|Prophet of Kruphix||Creatures|
|Quick Sliver||Slivers (any player)|
|Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage||Historic spells|
|Rootwater Shaman||Auras with enchant creature|
|Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir||Creatures you own that aren't on the battlefield|
|Yeva, Nature's Herald||Green creatures|
|Enchantments||Aluren||Creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less (any player)|
|Leyline of Anticipation||Nonland cards|
|Vernal Equinox||Creatures and enchantments (any player)|
|Instants||Quicken||Next sorcery you cast this turn|
|Savage Summoning||Next creature you cast this turn|
|Scout's Warning||Next creature you play this turn|
|Artifacts||Vedalken Orrery||Nonland cards|
|Lands||Alchemist's Refuge||, (activation)||Nonland cards|
|Emergence Zone||,, Sacrifice Emergence Zone (activaton)||Nonland cards (until end of turn)|
|Winding Canyons||, (activation)||Creatures (until end of turn)|
|Planeswalkers||Teferi, Time Raveler||Sorceries until your next turn (+1 Loyalty Ability)|
|Vivien, Champion of the Wilds||Creatures (Static Ability)|
|Planes||Akoum||Enchantments (any player)|
- Mark Rosewater (September 18, 2006). "Plenty of Time". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 8, 2015). "Evergreen Eggs & Ham". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (November 30, 2006). "Got Flash?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 27, 2017). "Is every color at least tertiary in flash?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (June 5, 2017). "Mechanical Color Pie 2017". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (January 14, 2018). "Flash has been upgraded to secondary in black.". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- White gets Flash Now!? Here's What's Next for White! (Video). Good Morning Magic. YouTube (February 17, 2021).