|Introduced||Conspiracy: Take the Crown|
|Last Used||Adventures in the Forgotten Realms|
|Reminder Text||Goad (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)|
5.6% 22.2% 5.6% 44.4% 5.6% 5.6% 5.6% 5.6%
A goaded creature has to attack a player (not a planeswalker) other than you if it can. The controller of a goaded creature still chooses who the creature attacks. If it's tapped, then it can't attack. If there's a cost to attack, its controller doesn't have to pay that cost, and if they don't, the creature doesn't have to attack. A creature with defender still can't attack.
If the creature can't attack a player other than you, then it must attack you or a planeswalker if it can. This is most likely when the game is down to two players.
A goaded creature remains goaded until your next turn.
- A keyword action that causes a creature to be goaded until a player’s next turn. See rule 701.38, “Goad.”
- 701.38. Goad
- 701.38a Certain spells and abilities can goad a creature. Until the next turn of the controller of that spell or ability, that creature is goaded.
- 701.38b Goaded is a designation a permanent can have. A goaded creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than the controller of the permanent, spell, or ability that caused it to be goaded if able. Goaded is neither an ability nor part of the permanent’s copiable values.
- 701.38c A creature can be goaded by multiple players. Doing so creates additional combat requirements.
- 701.38d Once a player has goaded a creature, the same player goading it again has no effect. Doing so doesn’t create additional combat requirements.
- A designation a permanent can have. Goaded creatures are forced to attack and to attack a player other than the player that caused it to be goaded. See rule 701.38, “Goad.”
Creature — Homunculus
When Jeering Homunculus enters the battlefield, you may goad target creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)