|Introduced||Born of the Gods|
|Last Used||Journey into Nyx|
|Typical Text||Inspired — Whenever this card becomes untapped, …|
10.5% 26.3% 26.3% 15.8% 10.5% 10.5%
Description[edit | edit source]
Creatures with inspired abilities represent the divine inspiration that comes from the world of dreams. A creature's inspired ability triggers every time the creature becomes untapped.
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Inspired abilities trigger no matter how the creature becomes untapped: by the turn-based action at the beginning of the untap step or by a spell or ability.
- If an inspired ability triggers during your untap step, the ability will be put on the stack at the beginning of your upkeep. If the ability creates one or more token creatures, those creatures won't be able to attack that turn (unless they gain haste).
- Inspired abilities don't trigger when the creature enters the battlefield.
- If the inspired ability includes an optional cost, you decide whether to pay that cost as the ability resolves. You can do this even if the creature leaves the battlefield in response to the ability.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Creature — Centaur Warrior
Inspired — Whenever Pheres-Band Tromper becomes untapped, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Born of the Gods does have an Inspired cycle with five uncommon creatures with the inspired mechanic, creating enchantment creature tokens for C when untapping. — God-Favored General, Aerie Worshippers, Forlorn Pseudamma, Satyr Nyx-Smith and Pheres-Band Raiders.
- Hollowsage had Inspired before it became a keyword.
- Ghostly Pilferer and Key to the City have Inspired albeit unkeyworded - incidentally the Inspired abilities and the tap-enabling abilities are extremely similar.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (January 20, 2014). "Born Legacy". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille (January 13, 2014). "Devign Inspiration". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (December 7, 2020). "Storm Scale: Theros and Theros Beyond Death". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.