|Introduced||Shadows over Innistrad|
|Last Used||Modern Horizons 2|
|Reminder Text||Investigate (Create a colorless Clue artifact token with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")|
22.6% 38.7% 25.8% 6.5% 6.5%
Description[edit | edit source]
Investigate sometimes is triggered when specific things happen. For example, you get to investigate whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control or a nontoken creature you control dies. There is also a number of cards that trigger when a Clue is sacrificed. It makes the decision of when to sacrifice a Clue more interesting. You don't always do it as soon as possible.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- A keyword action that creates a Clue artifact token. See rule 701.36, “Investigate.”
- 701.36. Investigate
- 701.36a “Investigate” means “Create a Clue token.” See rule 111.10f.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Tap up to two target creatures.
Investigate. (Create a colorless Clue artifact token with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (June 28, 2016). "I already miss investigate. Storm scale?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Matt Tabak (March 7, 2016). "Shadows over Innistrad Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (March 21, 2016). "Chasing Shadows, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Dave Humpherys (March 21, 2016). "Developing Shadows over Innistrad". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.