- 1 Analogs and references
- 2 Maro's Kaldheim Teaser
- 3 References
Analogs and references[edit | edit source]
Mythology[edit | edit source]
Celestial beings[edit | edit source]
- Alrund — similar to Odin
- Firja — similar to Freyja
- Halvar — similar to Týr
- Koma, the Cosmos Serpent — similar to Jörmungandr
- Jorn — similar to Skaði
- Reidane — similar to either Freyja or Sól
- Sarulf — similar to Fenrir
- Tergrid — similar to Nótt or Hel
- Egon — similar to Hel
- Toralf — similar to Thor
- Toski — similar to Ratatoskr
- Valki — similar to Loki
- Esika — similar to Idunn
- Cosima — similar to Rán
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The World Tree — similar to Yggdrasil
- The Ten Realms — similar to the Nine Worlds
- Axgard — similar to Svartálfar
- Starnheim — similar to Asgard
- Surtland — similar to Jötunheimr
- Gnottvold — also similar to Jötunheimr (via trolls being interchangeable with Jötunn or "giants")
- Isfell — similar to Helheimr.
- Karfell — also similar to Helheimr
- Bretagard — similar to Midgard.
- Skemfar — similar to Alfheim.
- Littjara — similar to Niflheim.
- Immersturm — similar to Muspelheim.
Other[edit | edit source]
Viking Age[edit | edit source]
- Haunting Voyage and the Set Booster packaging features Viking ships, slender and flexible boats with a dragon's head protruding from the bow.
- Funeral Longboat and Return Upon the Tide refer to Norse funeral rites.
- Kaya handles two Bearded Axes, a typical tool and weapon of the Viking Age.
- Showdown of the Skalds — Skalds are poets who composed at the courts of Scandinavian leaders.
- Harald, King of Skemfar — Harald Fairhair was the first king of Norway, and the name Harald was common in the royal family.
[edit | edit source]
First up, here are some things you can expect:[edit | edit source]
- a five-color legendary enchantment — The Prismatic Bridge
- for a 6/6 with deathtouch — Egon, God of Death
- a card that allows you to kill someone with poison — Fynn, the Fangbearer
- A card with a , activation — The World Tree
- a card that lets you use a creature’s toughness to perform an action normally using a creature’s power — Giant Ox (Crew)
- numerous new noncreature tokens — Shard (Niko Aris); Replicated Ring (Replicating Ring); Icy Manalith (Svella, Ice Shaper)
- a card that can make a token that’s a copy of target permanent for no mana — Reflections of Littjara
- a black creature that can copy other creatures — Valki, God of Lies
- the introduction of a creature type that players have been wanting for years — Phyrexian (Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider)
- a card with three activation costs, one that’s only ever used once before and the other two have never been used before — Ascendant Spirit
Here are snippets of rules text, you’ll see:[edit | edit source]
- “protection from God creatures” — Sigrid, God-Favored
- “Sacrifice five Treasures:” — Magda, Brazen Outlaw
- “if three or more creatures died this turn” — Inga Rune-Eyes
- “Choose 1, 2, or 3 at random.” — Tibalt’s Trickery
- “except for Giants, Wizards, and lands” — Cyclone Summoner
- “you may search your library and/or graveyard for a Rune card” — Runeforge Champion
- “As long as you control three or more legendary creatures” — Kolvori, God of Kinship
- “X is the number of Vehicles you control plus the number of Equipment you control” — Reckless Crew
- “As long as you have at least 7 life more than your starting life total” — Righteous Valkyrie
- “create X of those tokens instead” — Starnheim Unleashed
And finally, here are some creature type lines you’ll see:[edit | edit source]
- Angel Warrior — Resplendent Marshal
- Zombie Rogue — Draugr Thought-Thief
- Dwarf Cleric — Warchanter Skald
- Horse Spirit — Cosmos Charger
- Vampire Dragon — Immersturm Predator
- Legendary Creature – Wolf — Sarulf, Realm Eater
- Legendary Creature – Bird Spirit — Vega, the Watcher
- Legendary Creature – Giant Wizard — Aegar, the Freezing Flame
- Legendary Creature – Demon Berserker — Kardur Doomscourge
- Legendary Creature – Squirrel — Toski, Bearer of Secrets