|The Darksteel Eye|
Kaldra was a gigantic Mirran avatar composed of blue-white plasma that was summoned by Glissa Sunseeker after she collected the three so-called Kaldra artifacts (a helmet, a shield and a sword).
In New Phyrexia, the Kaldra artifacts fell under the control of the Phyrexians, and were integrated into their Living weapons project. Glissa was able to restore them and grew a specialized germ creature in the flesh vats beneath the surface. Phyrexia's newest champion will either grow strong enough to rival the original Kaldra Champion in power, or it will be defeated and someone stronger will claim the artifacts. Glissa is content that, either way, Phyrexia will prevail and improve.
- When the three Kaldra equipments are combined on the battlefield, they make a 9/9 creature with first strike, trample, indestructible, haste, and "whenever this creature deals damage to a creature, exile that creature."
- When you cast Kaldra Compleat, you get a 5/5 creature with nearly the same abilities, except that it's a single Equipment with equip cost that can be moved from the 0/0 Germ to any creature you choose, as opposed to the three equipment with equip costs at with , and mana.
- The art of the Kaldra Avatar token that the Helm creates was commissioned for Magic Online.
- Represented in:
- Magic Arcana (January 29, 2004). "What's a "Helm of Kaldra"?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (June 18, 2008). "Ask Wizards, June 2008". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (June 03, 2004). "Shattered Dreams". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ethan Fleischer (June 10, 2021). "The Returning Legends of Modern Horizons 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 14, 2021). "On the Horizons, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (July 29, 2004). "The Kaldra Equipment". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.