Kothophed appeared to have a tight hold on Liliana, and as part of her servitude towards him, she was sent to retrieve the Chain Veil from the Onakke Catacombs on Shandalar. Unwittingly, he had played right into the hands of a plot far grander than himself. When Liliana took possession of the Chain Veil, she was granted enough power to throw off the yoke he had placed upon her and she sought him out to finally end him. While dying, the demon pleaded to her that she did not know what she had taken upon herself and that killing him would not grant her what she sought. Unimpressed, Liliana finished the demon with the power of the Veil.
Kothophed writing the pact on Liliana's skin.
|Title||Author||Publishing date||Set||Setting (plane)||Featuring|
|The Veil's Curse, Part 3||Doug Beyer||2009-08-11||Ravnica, Unknown plane||Jace Beleren, Garruk Wildspeaker, Liliana Vess, Kothophed|
|Liliana's Origin: The Fourth Pact||James Wyatt||2015-06-17||Magic Origins||Dominaria, Two unknown planes||Liliana Vess, Raven Man, Ana, Josu Vess, Nicol Bolas, Kothophed|
- Represented in:
- Associated cards:
- Depicted in:
- James Wyatt (June 17, 2015). "Liliana's Origin: The Fourth Pact". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Flavor text for Kothophed, Soul Hoarder (Secret Lair)
- Doug Beyer, Paul Lee, Jenna Helland et al. (August 6, 2008). "The Hunter and the Veil: Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer, Jenna Helland et al. (August 11, 2009). "The Veil's Curse, Part III". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer (August 31, 2011). "Liliana's Mission". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.