List of gods and deities
This is a list of all gods and deities, or creatures that are worshipped as such, mentioned in the Magic storyline.
- 1 Arcavios
- 2 Alara
- 3 Amonkhet
- 4 Cridhe
- 5 Dominaria
- 6 Innistrad
- 7 Ixalan
- 8 Kaldheim
- 9 Kamigawa
- 10 Lorwyn
- 11 Mercadia
- 12 Mirrodin
- 13 Phyrexia
- 14 Rabiah
- 15 Ravnica
- 16 Shadowmoor
- 17 Theros
- 18 Zendikar
- 19 Unknown plane
- 20 Selected in-game references
- 21 See also
- 22 References
Arcavios[edit | edit source]
Alara[edit | edit source]
Amonkhet[edit | edit source]
The Gods of Amonkhet, unlike their Theros counterparts, are physical beings tied to the planes' leylines, embodying virtues of the culture of the plane. Most have been slaughtered by Nicol Bolas and have been raised as zombies.
- The God-Pharaoh - Nicol Bolas posing as the creator of the other gods.
- Oketra, God of Solidarity
- Kefnet, God of Knowledge
- Bontu, God of Ambition
- Hazoret, God of Zeal
- Rhonas, God of Strength
- Three forgotten and corrupted gods: The Scorpion God, The Locust God and The Scarab God.
Cridhe[edit | edit source]
- The Maker, creator of the plane.
Dominaria[edit | edit source]
- Aerona, ancient goddess of fertility
- The Ancestor, a sky goddess worshiped by the nomads of the Daru Plains in Otaria
- Bok, god worshipped in Yotia
- Caelus Nin, God of Time and patron of the ancestors of Sumifa
- Caleria, goddess of the hunt
- Eternal, worshipped in Kush on Aerona
- Fiers, the dwarven god, revered by the dwarves and barbarian tribes on Otaria.
- Freyalise, goddess to elves. Worshipped in Fyndhorn, Skyshroud, and most prominently Llanowar
- Gabriel Angelfire worshipped in Benalia.
- Gaea, goddess worshipped across the world, most prominently by druids. Was also worshipped in Yotia.
- The Hand of Justice. Worshiped on Sarpadia.
- Kindeya, minotaur goddess of learning in Talruum
- Sol'Kanar, the Swamp King of Khone
- The False God, Karona
- Mabok, god worshipped in Yotia
- The Numen, Kuberr
- Nicol Bolas, god-emperor of Madara
- The five Primeval Dragons
- Prossh, by the Kobolds of Kher Keep.
- Serra, the planeswalker worshipped in Sursi and around Dominaria. The Cathedral of Serra was built where she perished.
- Svyelun, merfolk goddess of the Pearl Moon in Vodalia
- Tal, an ancient Sun God, worshipped during the Dark Age
- Tiyint, Minotaur god of Urhaalan.
- Torahn, Minotaur god of judgment and war in Talruum.
- Tourach, also known as the Ebon Praetor. Worshiped on Sarpadia.
- Verdura, a female entity of great power and age, whose true name is only known to those sworn to the Verduran Order.
Innistrad[edit | edit source]
Ixalan[edit | edit source]
Kaldheim[edit | edit source]
There have been several cycles of gods on Kaldheim. The previous gods were the Einir, who have since been replaced by the Skoti and have become the plane's elves. The Skoti gods are connected to the World Tree using a Cosmos Elixir made from its sap to give them their powers. As a result, they have northern lights on their bodies. They can be killed.
Kamigawa[edit | edit source]
- The Kami, minor gods or spirits of the world
Lorwyn[edit | edit source]
Mercadia[edit | edit source]
Mirrodin[edit | edit source]
- Memnarch, worshiped by the Vedalken of the Synod.
- The Steel Mother, worshiped by the goblins of the Oxidda Chain
Phyrexia[edit | edit source]
Rabiah[edit | edit source]
Ravnica[edit | edit source]
Of these, Ilharg is shown to be unambiguously real and a deity.
- Nephilim worshipped by the Cult of Yore
- Orzhova, an abstract angelic creator deity created by the Obzedat
- Svogthir worshipped by the Matka and priestesses of the Golgari
- Krokt, the goblin god of misfortune
- Ilharg, the Gruul boar god 
Shadowmoor[edit | edit source]
- The Demigods
Theros[edit | edit source]
Theros' pantheon is perhaps some of Magic's best defined deities, being unambiguously real. Like some angels and demons, Theros' gods are living enchantments, making the concept of enchantments considered divine blessings by the plane's mortals. They are associated with the paranormal realm known as Nyx, the night sky, which is in turn associated with dreams and the subconscious; there is something of an implication that these gods are powered/come to into being by belief, though this is not explicit. The Theros pantheon is seemingly very large, but there are five main gods aligned with the colors of mana, at least eleven minor gods and some gods that have been forgotten (like the one who represented love):
Major gods[edit | edit source]
Minor gods[edit | edit source]
Zendikar[edit | edit source]
- Cosi, the merfolk trickster god, ruler of the land and earth. Talib to the Kor
- Emeria, merfolk deity of sky, wind, and clouds, Kamsa to the Kor
- Ula merfolk deity of the sea's depths, Mangeni to the Kor
- Omnath, the "flickering heart," the origin of the primal mana that pulses throughout Zendikar.
Unknown plane[edit | edit source]
Selected in-game references[edit | edit source]
- Army of Allah
- Benalish Missionary
- Commence the Endgame
- Deserted Temple
- Divine Gambit
- Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
- Enter the God-Eternals
- Gift of the Gargantuan
- Karona, False God
- Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God
- Priest of Forgotten Gods
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods
- Wrath of God
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Oggyar Battle-Seer
- Martha Wells (May 2, 2018). "Return to Dominaria: Episode 8". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Zirulnik (January 8, 2021). "Planeswalker's Guide to Kaldheim, Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Gerritt Turner (December 14, 2020). "Creating Tyvar Kell". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Flavor text for Rubblebelt Boar
- Planeswalker's Guide to Theros part 1
- Kelly Digges (June 11, 2014). "Kruphix's Insight". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.