- For the creature subtype, see god
This is a list of all gods and deities, or creatures that are worshipped as such, mentioned in the Magic storyline.
The Gods of Amonkhet, unlike their Theros counterparts, are physical beings tied to the planes' leylines, embodying virtues of the culture of the plane. Most have been slaughtered by Nicol Bolas and have been raised as zombies.
- The God-Pharaoh - Nicol Bolas posing as the creator of the other gods.
- Oketra, God of Solidarity
- Kefnet, God of Knowledge
- Bontu, God of Ambition
- Hazoret, God of Zeal
- Rhonas, God of Strength
- Three forgotten and corrupted gods: The Scorpion God, The Locust God and The Scarab God.
- The Maker, creator of the plane.
- Aerona, ancient goddess of fertility
- The Ancestor, a sky goddess worshiped by the nomads of the Daru Plains in Otaria
- Bok, god worshipped in Yotia
- Caelus Nin, God of Time and patron of the ancestors of Sumifa
- Lady Caleria, goddess of the hunt
- The Eternal, worshipped in Kush on Aerona
- Fiers, the dwarven god, revered by the dwarves and barbarian tribes on Otaria.
- Freyalise, goddess to elves. Worshiped in Fyndhorn, Skyshroud, and most prominently Llanowar
- Gabriel Angelfire worshiped in Benalia.
- Gaea, goddess worshiped across the world, most prominently by druids. Was also worshipped in Yotia.
- The Hand of Justice. Worshipped on Sarpadia.
- Kindeya, minotaur goddess of learning in Talruum
- Sol'Kanar, the Swamp King of Khone
- The False God, Karona
- Leitbur. Founder of the Order of Leitbur. Later deified.
- Mabok, god worshiped in Yotia
- Mother of Winds, prayed to by Jamuraans.
- The Numen, Kuberr
- Nicol Bolas, god-emperor of Madara
- The five Primeval Dragons
- Prossh, by the Kobolds of Kher Keep.
- Serra, the planeswalker worshiped in Sursi and around Dominaria. The Cathedral of Serra was built where she perished.
- Svyelun, merfolk goddess of the Pearl Moon in Vodalia
- Tal, an ancient Sun God, worshiped during the Dark Age
- Terrent Amese, creator of the first tribe of Jamuraan tiger warriors and later worshipped by their descendants in Efrava.
- Tiyint, Minotaur god of Urhaalan.
- Torahn, Minotaur god of judgment and war in Talruum. "Gores" evildoers in the Corridors of Pain.
- Tourach. Founder of the Order of the Ebon Hand. Later deified. Worshiped on Sarpadia. Tourach founded the Order to worship a being known as the Ebon Praetor.
- Verdura, a female entity of great power and age, whose true name is only known to those sworn to the Verduran Order.
- An unnamed personification of the sun worshipped by Helana and in some parts of Jamuraa.
- The Coiled One the snake-like god of venom and vengeance.
- The pre-Avacynia god of the sea and storms, worshipped by Runo Stromkirk.
There have been several cycles of gods on Kaldheim. The previous gods were the Einir, who have since been replaced by the Skoti and have become the plane's elves. The Skoti gods are connected to the World Tree using a Cosmos Elixir made from its sap to give them their powers. As a result, they have northern lights on their bodies. They can be killed.
- The Kami, minor gods or spirits of the world
- Memnarch, worshiped by the Vedalken of the Synod.
- The Steel Mother, worshiped by the goblins of the Oxidda Chain
Of these, Ilharg is shown to be unambiguously real and a deity.
- Empress Ravnica, personification of the plane venerated by the Cult of Yore.
- Ilharg, the Gruul boar god 
- Krokt, the goblin god of misfortune
- Nephilim worshipped by the Cult of Yore.
- Orzhova, an abstract angelic creator deity created by the Obzedat
- Svogthir worshipped by the Matka and priestesses of the Golgari
- The Demigods
Theros' pantheon is perhaps some of Magic's best defined deities, being unambiguously real. Like some angels and demons, Theros' gods are living enchantments, making the concept of enchantments considered divine blessings by the plane's mortals. They are associated with the paranormal realm known as Nyx, the night sky, which is in turn associated with dreams and the subconscious; there is something of an implication that these gods are powered/come to into being by belief, though this is not explicit. The Theros pantheon is seemingly very large, but there are five main gods aligned with the colors of mana, at least eleven minor gods and some gods that have been forgotten (like the one who represented love):
- Cacophony, a short-lived god. 
- Cosi, the merfolk trickster god, ruler of the land and earth. Talib to the Kor
- Emeria, merfolk deity of sky, wind, and clouds, Kamsa to the Kor
- Ula merfolk deity of the sea's depths, Mangeni to the Kor
- Omnath, the "flickering heart," the origin of the primal mana that pulses throughout Zendikar.
- Tiamat — A Dragon God (from Dungeons & Dragons)
- Bahamut, Lawful Good Dragon God, Deity of Good Dragons (from Dungeons & Dragons)
- The Atropal, An immortal abomination aiming to become a death god in the Tomb of the Nine Gods (from Dungeons & Dragons)
- Vecna, A once-human lich who ascended to godhood (from Dungeons & Dragons)
- Asmodeus, Archdevil ruling Nessus, the deepest level of the Nine Hells of Baator (from Dungeons & Dragons)
Selected in-game references
- Referred to:
- Oggyar Battle-Seer
- Ethan Fleischer (June 10, 2021). "The Returning Legends of Modern Horizons 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Tales in the Sand
- Martha Wells (May 2, 2018). "Return to Dominaria: Episode 8". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Hannovi Braddock (1998). "Rath and Storm". Wizards of the Coast. ISBN-13 978-0786911752.
- Eugenia Triantafyllou (September 10, 2021). "Sisters". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Zirulnik and Grace Fong (September 16, 2021). "The New Legends of Innistrad: Midnight Hunt". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Zirulnik (January 8, 2021). "Planeswalker's Guide to Kaldheim, Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Gerritt Turner (December 14, 2020). "Creating Tyvar Kell". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Cavotta (February 22, 2006). "Wake Up Call". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Flavor text for Rubblebelt Boar
- Planeswalker's Guide to Theros part 1
- Kelly Digges (June 11, 2014). "Kruphix's Insight". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ken Troop (April 23, 2014). "Dreams of the City". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.