|Introduced||Strixhaven: School of Mages|
|Last Used||Strixhaven: School of Mages|
|Typical Text||Magecraft — Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell, ...|
12% 16% 8% 4% 8% 12% 20% 8% 8% 4%
Magecraft is written as "Magecraft — Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell..." and may appear in all colors. The previous, unkeyworded form of Magecraft without the copy clause has been printed numerous times since the Izzet guild in Ravnica and is a popular blue-red draft archetype.
- Silverquill — creature pumping and evasion. Stacking multiple instants or sorceries on the same turn.
- Prismari — singular, unstackable effects.
- Witherbloom — life gain.
- Lorehold — graveyard effects.
- Quandrix — +1/+1 counters and creating resources.
- Each magecraft ability has a different effect, although they all have the same trigger condition, whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell.
- If an effect creates a copy of an instant or sorcery spell, this will also cause the magecraft ability to trigger.
- If an effect creates multiple copies of an instant or sorcery spell, magecraft abilities trigger once for each copy created by the effect.
- Some effects instruct you to copy an instant or sorcery card in a zone other than the stack. These copies do not cause magecraft abilities to trigger. However, most effects that do this also allow you to cast the copy, and casting the copy will cause magecraft abilities to trigger.
Legendary Planeswalker - Liliana
Magecraft — Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell, each opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
+1 You lose 1 life. Look at the top three cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.
-3 Each opponent sacrifices a creature with the greatest power among creatures that player controls.
- Jess Dunks and Matt Tabak (April 16, 2021). "Strixhaven: School of Mages and Commander (2021 Edition) Release Notes". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak (March 25, 2021). "Strixhaven: School of Mages Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 5, 2021). "In the Strixhaven, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.