|Magic: The Gathering - The Spell Thief|
|Number of issues||4|
Magic: The Gathering - The Spell Thief is a paperback published by IDW Publishing in 2012, assembling 4 comics which were published earlier in that year. The book continues the exploits of the planeswalker thief Dack Fayden, a Magic character especially created for the series.
- Planeswalker Dack Fayden has followed Sifa Grent into a mysterious plane, where a Titan's castle looms invitingly in the distance. Entering the castle in search of Sifa, Dack is soon imprisoned by the Titan and added to his vast collection. Dack must find a way out before the trail to Sifa runs cold and he remains the Titan's prisoner forever!
- Dack Fayden barely escapes the Collector's prison... and now finds himself back on his home plane of Fiora. Forced to confront the destruction of his hometown, Dack relives the painful memories as he seeks clues that will lead him back on the trail of the malevolent Sifa Grent. Dack must find the strength within himself to carry on or his burden of guilt may prove too overwhelming for the Planeswalker thief.
- Leaving his home plane behind, Dack Fayden returns to Innistrad, still in pursuit of the villainous Sifa Grent. He convenes with the Reichert family again, who provide Dack with crucial information on the evil Planewalker's location. But when Sorin Markov arrives, looking for Dack, things quickly escalate and our hero finds himself in a situation where he may not come out alive...!
- Dack Fayden's quest to track down the villainous Sifa Grent has brought him to Grixis, a vast wasteland dominated by the undead and vicious demons - including the demon-dragon Malfegor. Imprisoned by the demon's cult, Dack soon discovers the morbid origins of Sifa and her sinister ties to Malfegor... but will he be able to escape this undead plane in order to stop her plans?
After Sifa Grent escapes Dack's grasp, he follows her magic trail to Echoir where he is forced to escape the Titan Collector's collection. He is able to planeswalk out of Echoir and finds himself back in Drakeston on Fiora. There, he finds the vampire who was in charge of the other vampires the night they killed everyone in Drakeston. By looking into the magic of his sword, Dack learns the vampire was forced against his will to kill the townspeople. This fact forces Dack to spare the vampire's life.
Dack leaves Drakeston and heads back to Innistrad. While meeting with Ingrid Reichert and her father Hermann, he is visited by Sorin Markov who orders him to hand over the Ancient Fang. Dack complies to save Ingrid's life, and in doing so learns that Sifa is in Grixis. Dack says a quick goodbye to Ingrid and planeswalks to Grixis.
Once in Grixis, Dack allows himself to get captured by Malfegor's forces and to be taken to Malfegor's prison. Malfegor plans to try to steal Dack's spark for himself to finally escape the tiny world of Grixis. It was a task he had tried before, which is what led to Sifa's ascension. Before Malfegor can attempt his plan though, Dack escaped his prison knowing why Sifa is evil but not what she is planning.
- The Spell Thief #1 (6/27/12) — Arrest
- The Spell Thief #2 (8/8/12) — Consume Spirit
- The Spell Thief #3 (9/19/12) — Standstill
- The Spell Thief #4 (11/7/12) — Breath of Malfegor