In Dominaria, it's believed that every wood, from a sprawling forest or a shady grove, has a spirit or avatar that keeps the site safe: these creatures can be befriended with the right magic.
Dominarian forces of nature are sometimes called "maro". Some of them are servants of the world-soul, Gaea.
One Force of Nature was summoned by Dreygar and given the Dark Amulet, but was defeated by Aldon. Another was summoned by Greensleeves. The first Force of Nature to be called a Maro-Sorcerer was Multani. The maro-sorcerer Sol'kanar was corrupted into a monster by the planeswalker Geyadrone Dihada so that he might better serve her.
List of Forces of Nature
|Autumn Willow||Great Wood||Plane of Ulgrotha|
|Force of Nature||Forests of Lat-Nam.||Lat-Nam island on Dominaria|
|Gaea's Liege||Whispering Woods||Aerona on Dominaria|
|Great Spirit||White Woods||Corondor on Dominaria|
|Lord Magnus||The forest on Argenti. (In prerevisionist continuity Llanowar.)||Madara on Dominaria|
|Molimo||Llanowar||Aerona on Dominaria|
|Modruni||An unnamed forest||An unknown Plane|
|Muldrotha||Yavimaya (Urborg)||Urborg on Dominaria|
|Multani||Yavimaya (Terisiare)||Terisiare on Dominaria|
|Sol'Kanar||Khone||Corondor on Dominaria|
|Titania||Argoth||Terisiare on Dominaria|
- The Maro-sorcerers are named after Mark Rosewater, who created Multani and chose the name himself.
- Maro is the word for the color brown in Romanian.
- Magic the Gathering: Calendar 1997.
- Margaret Weis (1996), Serra Angel, Armada
- Clayton Emery (1995). Magic: The Gathering - Final Sacrifice. Harper Prism.
- Mark Rosewater (March 22, 2013). "Was Multani, MaRo Sorcerer based on you?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (December 3, 2007). "Weather(light) Report". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ethan Fleischer (June 10, 2021). "The Returning Legends of Modern Horizons 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Tribute to the Wild
- Mark Rosewater (April 9, 2018). "given the "no vanity cards" rule, is the title of "Maro Sorcerer" still canon?". Blogatog. Tumblr.