This has always been a more desolate region, filled with stories of spectral wolves and wandering spirits. There are few trees in the Moorland and the ground is covered with coarse grass, bracken, and violet heather. There are boulders and standing rocks, and the countryside seems to be covered in perpetual mist.
Some storied and picturesque manors still existe here, abandoned by their formed owners. The area is rife with geists, many of them dangerous, and travelers are constantly at risk from them as well as other things that wander the countryside.
The moorland is also the original stomping ground of Grimgrin, a horrific skaab monstrosity created and set loose by the necro-alchemist Geralf. Some might prefer huggling with the geists rather than finding themselves in the way of Grimgrin.
- Trostad — a village of trappers on the border with Kessig. Overrun by the skaabs of Geralf Cecani, when he and his sister marched on Thraben. It is now Geralf's base of operations.
- Merwald Downs — a small village.
- Rider's Lock — a walled compound, housing the Gavony Riders.
- Westvale — a small village populated by cultists.
- Westvale Abbey
- Angel Road — contested boundary between the forces of Gisa and Geralf.
- Associated cards:
- Referred to:
- Magic Creative Team (September 28, 2011). "A Planeswalker's Guide to Innistrad: Gavony and Humans". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley (November 28, 2011). "Who Is Grimgrin?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Justyna Gil (September 14, 2021). "Full art for Moorland Rescuer (art brief inside)!". Reddit.