Old School is a casual constructed Magic: The Gathering format using an older or limited card pool, or older rule sets. There are many different variations, often with different rules set regionally by a play group or a local tournament organizer.
Old School 93-94
- Arabian Nights
- The Dark
- Fallen Empires (note that not all old school events use Fallen Empires.)
- 1994 Book Promos (Arena and Sewers of Estark)
Reprints of cards from legal sets are allowed if their art matches the art from a version of the card in one of the legal sets listed above and as long as they use the original Magic card frame. Collectors' Edition and other gold-bordered cards are allowed (typically), but foils are not.
Old School 95
Old School 95 encapsulates all of the sets printed through the end of 1995, including Ice Age.
Old School 96
- Old School Magic @Eternal Central
- Eric Levine (April 28, 2016), "New Format: Old School". ChannelFireball.com
- Jeremy Dezani (June 12, 2018), "The 'Old School' Format. Hareruyamtg.com
- Ban/Restriction. Old School Mtg: The Blag.
- Joe Dyer (February 27, 2019) "Kicking it like a Middle-Schooler", MTGGoldfish.