|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
15 cardsas of Alchemy: Kamigawa
33.3% 6.7% 6.7% 13.3% 6.7% 6.7% 6.7% 20%
Recurrent Pilot abilities have been:
- An ability that is triggered by becoming tapped (3 pilots)
- An improved Crewing capacity (3 pilots)
- Granting an ability when crewing a Vehicle (2 pilots)
- Passively granting an ability or a stat boost to all Vehicles (3 pilots)
Pilots are primarily red and white.
With the introduction of the type, the decision was made to not retroactively apply it to Goblin Test Pilot because it can't crew vehicles. However, this change was reversed, and the creature type added, with the rules update for Aether Revolt.
|Token Name||Color||Type Line||P/T||Text Box||Source||Printings|
|Pilot||Colorless||Creature — Pilot||1/1||This creature crews Vehicles as if its power were 2 greater|
- Matt Tabak (September 2, 2016). "Kaladesh Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (October 20, 2016). "Why wasn't Goblin Test Pilot given the Pilot subtype when Kaladesh came out?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Eli Shiffrin (January 20, 2017). "Aether Revolt Update Bulletin — Oracle Changes". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.