|Pioneer Challenger Decks 2021|
|Symbol description||Shooting star.|
|Release date||October 15, 2021|
|Set size||Four 75-card constructed decks|
|Challenger Deck series|
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
- For a general overview, see Challenger Deck series
Pioneer Challenger Decks 2021 is a set of four individual preconstructed 75-card challenger decks that became available on October 15, 2021. It is the first official product geared towards the Pioneer format.
Like its previous installments, these challenger decks are built with more tournament-play competitive players in mind. The 75-card decks are geared toward Pioneer play for the Friday Night Magic player. They are intended to be playable and competitive at a local level right out of the box. All cards will have been previously printed and contain fan-favorite cards that are legal in the Pioneer format. The four decks feature cards from Return to Ravnica through Kaldheim and will remain legal in Pioneer after Standard rotation.
Most cards are printed with their original expansion symbol and set code, or those of a set where they were reprinted. However, some cards instead use the shooting star expansion symbol and the Q06 set code. Most of these have an updated (post-M15) card frame, while others have updated rules text or reminder text.
Each package contains:
- a 60-card main deck
- a 15-card sideboard
- a quick reference guide
- a box capable of holding 75 sleeved cards
Although the product was advertised with each deck coming with up to 5 double-sided tokens, there weren't any in the final product.
|Lotus Field Combo||U||B||G|
- Printed on the Card-frame
- Adam Styborski (August 24, 2021). "What Happened In Magic Showcase 2021?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (August 24, 2021). "Pioneer Challenger Decks 2021". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- WPN (August 24, 2021). "Springboard Players into Pioneer with New Challenger Decks". Wizards Play Network.