|Pioneer Challenger Decks 2022|
|Symbol description||Shooting star.|
|Release date||November 4, 2022|
|Set size||Four 75-card constructed decks|
|Challenger Deck series|
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
|This article documents an upcoming release.|
- For a general overview, see Challenger Deck series.
Pioneer Challenger Decks 2022 is a set of four individual preconstructed 75-card challenger decks that becomes available on November 4, 2022 (delayed from October 14, 2022). It is the second official product geared towards the Pioneer format.
Like its previous installments, these challenger decks are built with more tournament-play competitive players in mind. The 75-card decks are geared toward Pioneer play for the Friday Night Magic player. They are intended to be playable and competitive at a local level right out of the box. All cards will have been previously printed and contain fan-favorite cards that are legal in the Pioneer format.
Most cards are printed with their original expansion symbol and set code, or those of a set where they were reprinted. However, some cards instead use the shooting star expansion symbol and the Q06 set code. Most of these have an updated (post-M15) card frame, while others have updated rules text or reminder text.
Each package contains:
- a battle-ready 60-card main deck
- a 15-card sideboard
- 5 double-sided tokens
- 6 helper cards for use with double-faced cards
- a box capable of holding 75 sleeved cards
|Pioneer Gruul Stompy||R||G|
|Pioneer Dimir Control||U||B|
- Wizards of the Coast (August 1, 2022). "Pioneer Challenger Dekcs 2022 Release Date Update". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- June 30, 2022 Announcement Day (Video). Weekly MTG. YouTube (June 30, 2022).
- WPN (July 1, 2022). "Game Night: Free-for-All and Pioneer Challenger Decks 2022 Release October 14". Wizards Play Network.