Red Bull Untapped is a sponsored Magic tournament series that was first played in 2019. It awards $200,000 in prizes and culminates in the Top 8 players competing in the Red Bull Gaming Sphere in London on August 4, 2019.
Red Bull Untapped began with four qualifying tournaments: two on MTG Arena (June, 29-30) and two tabletop tournaments in Florence, Italy (July, 6) and Brussels, Belgium (July, 7). The qualifiers were invite-only. Red Bull selected Magic Pro League members, 34 Twitch streamers with over 10,000 followers, Mythic-ranked players on MTG Arena, and a certain amount of players from Europe. The remaining slots were randomly allocated among other applicants.
The tournament returned in 2020. There again were Germany/Spain/Italy-specific qualifiers, as well as international qualifiers, though they all were on MTG Arena this time. The finals was a $75k tournament made up of 16 players from the qualifiers. The top 4 players of Red Bull Untapped 2020 were invited to the Zendikar Rising Championship.
- Red Bull (June, 2019). "Red Bull Untapped". Untapped.faceit.com.
- David McCoy (June 1, 2019). "Red Bull Untapped Tournament Series Announced With a $200,000 Prize Pool". Hipsters of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (July 3, 2019). "Red Bull Untapped Qualifiers This Weekend". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Red Bull Gaming (April 30, 2020). "Red Bull Untapped is coming back in 2020!". Twitter.
- Red Bull Untapped 2020. Redbull.com.
- Wizards of the Coast (September 28, 2021). "Red Bull Untapped 2021 is Here!". Magic.gg.