|(Subtype for enchantment cards)|
5 cardsas of Kaldheim
20% 20% 20% 20% 20%
Runes can enchant any permanent, though they only provide an effect if attached to a creature or equipment. When attached to a creature, they give it a specific ability. When attached to an equipment, they allow it to grant the same ability when equipped to a creature.
The Rune subtype doesn't have any special rules meaning, but there are a couple of cards that care mechanically about Runes.
- 205.3h Enchantments have their own unique set of subtypes; these subtypes are called enchantment types. The enchantment types are Aura (see rule 303.4), Cartouche, Class (see rule 717), Curse, Rune, Saga (see rule 715), Shard, and Shrine.
- Rune of Sustenance () — Draw a card and give enchanted or equipped creature lifelink
- Rune of Flight () — Draw a card and give enchanted or equipped creature flying
- Rune of Mortality () — Draw a card and give enchanted or equipped creature deathtouch
- Rune of Speed () — Draw a card and give enchanted or equipped creature +1/+0 and haste
- Rune of Might () — Draw a card and give enchanted or equipped creature +1/+1 and trample
Cards interacting with Runes
- Runed Crown () — May put a rune card from library, graveyard or hand onto the battlefield attached to this equipment.
- Runeforge Champion () — May put a rune card from library or graveyard into hand. Replaces cost of rune spells with .