|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
72.7% 9.1% 9.1% 9.1%as of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths
Scorpion is a mainly black creature type used for cards that depict predatory arthropods with eight legs, a pair of grasping claws and a narrow, segmented tail. The tail is often carried in a characteristic forward curve over the back, ending with a venomous stinger. They live in warmer parts of worlds like Dominaria and Zendikar.
The first creature to bear the type was Pit Scorpion from Legends, which was the first creature to produce poison counters. Other examples include Giant Scorpion which has Deathtouch and Bala Ged Scorpion which destroys a target creature with power 1 or less when it enters the battlefield.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Efreet sometimes appear in the form of scorpions.
- A Trio of Magma Scorpions chased a young Tezzeret throughout Lower Vectis on Esper.
- Dross Scorpion from Mirrodin is the only Artifact Scorpion.
- Dakmor Scorpion is the only Scorpion-card that doesn't have an effect that symbolizes its sting. It's a vanilla creature.
- Sluiceway Scorpion is the only multicolored Scorpion.
- Amonkhet features The Scorpion God.