The scry lands are taplands introduced as two cycles in Theros block, also known as the Temples under the naming scheme. The five lands in Theros share their colors with the Gatecrash guilds, with the three remaining allied lands appearing in Born of the Gods and the two remaining enemy lands appearing in Journey into Nyx. The enemy-colored lands were reprinted in Core Set 2020 and Core Set 2021. The ally-colored lands were reprinted in Theros: Beyond Death.
All scry lands let the player scry 1 when entering the battlefield.
Later on, Zhalfirin Void was printed in Dominaria, and was the first scry land to enter untapped as it produced only colorless mana.
Dual-colored scry lands
These scry lands can produce one of two colors and are also called temples due to their naming pattern.
- Temple of Enlightenment (/)
- Temple of Deceit (/)
- Temple of Malice (/)
- Temple of Abandon (/)
- Temple of Plenty (/)
- Temple of Silence (/)
- Temple of Epiphany (/)
- Temple of Malady (/)
- Temple of Triumph (/)
- Temple of Mystery (/)
- Sam Stoddard (Friday, September 6, 2013). "How Theros Got Its Scry On". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Luis Scott-Vargas (September 18, 2015). "Building a Better Battle". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 24, 2019). "Core Than Meets The Eye". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Kendall Pepple (June 9, 2020). "Approaching the Temple". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.