|Status||Destroyed by the Eldrazi; slowly recovering|
|Formerly part of||Makindi Empire|
Sejiri is a plateau surrounded by cliffs. Since it is located at Zendikar's northern pole, it is constantly covered in permafrost tundras, wind-blasted mountains, and impossibly tall cliffs that encircle the continent.
Despite its inhospitable terrain, creatures such as goblins, felidars, griffins, drakes, wolves, yeti, snow rocs, elk and sphinxes made their home in the snow-covered wastes. There are many ruins, and explorers brave the cold to see what treasures lie deep beneath the snowy surface.
- Midnight Pass, the only way to access Sejiri. Only ships with a dedicated merfolk navigator have any real hope of successfully steering into the pass. Deep into the pass, ships can dock and adventurers can begin the slow and dangerous ascent to the tundra plateau.
- Ikiral, an outpost hidden in the ruins of a massive broken hedron.
- Benthidrix, a mythic underwater shrine supposedly belonging to a lost culture of ice merfolk.
- Chill Depths, a merfolk enclave
- The Sejiri Skyclave, a floating ruin of a fortress. Risen above the ice again.
Rise of the Eldrazi
When Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin lured the Eldrazi to Zendikar to trap them, one of the Eldrazi titans appeared in Sejiri and destroyed the last Skyclave with a thoughtless ﬂick of a tentacle. The shattered sphere was encased in polar ice.
- Associated cards:
- Referred to:
- Magic Creative Team (January 27, 2010). "A Planeswalker's Guide to Zendikar: Murasa and Sejiri". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Zirulnik and James Wyatt (September 1, 2020). "Zendikar: Thing Have Changed". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Levitch (July 15, 2015). "Limits". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- A. T. Greenblatt (September 30, 2020). "Eoisode 5: The Two Guardians". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.