|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
Ship is an atypical, and now obsolete, blue creature type used for cards picturing ships and zeppelins. Pirate Ship established Ship as a creature type all the way back in Alpha, though it would be quite a while before the odd line “Creature — Ship” actually appeared on Talas Air Ship.
In the Grand Creature Type Update the subtype Ship was eliminated, mostly replaced by the race of the shipscrew. The one exception is the silver-bordered Toy Boat from Unhinged which remained as a Ship artifact creature.
- Pirate Ship from Alpha changed to Human Pirate.
- Merchant Ship from Arabian Nights changed to Human.
- Ghost Ship from The Dark changed to Spirit.
- Reef Pirates from Homelands changed to Zombie Pirate.
- Talas Air Ship from Portal Second Age changed to Human Pirate.
- Steam Frigate from Portal Second Age changed to Human Pirate.
- Armored Galleon from Portal Second Age changed to Human Pirate.
- Wu Warship from Portal Three Kingdoms changed into Human Soldier.
- Red Cliffs Armada from Portal Three Kingdoms changed into Human Soldier.
- Saprazzan Outrigger from Mercadian Masques changed into Merfolk.
- Battle Squadron from Mercadian Masques, the only red Ship, changed to Goblin.
- Stronghold Zeppelin from Nemesis, changed to Human.
- Windscouter from Prophecy, changed to Human Scout.
- Metathran Transport from Invasion, changed to Metathran.
- Metathran Aerostat from Invasion, changed to Metathran.
- Living Airship from Apocalypse, changed to Metathran (but could have been a Plant).
Never been ship-type
- Skeleton Ship from Ice Age never was a Ship, it changed from Legend to Skeleton.
- Rishadan Airship from Mercadian Masques never was a Ship, it changed from Pirate to Human Pirate.
Exception to the rule
Because non-creature artifacts never have creature types these Ships never were named as such in the type line:
- Predator, Flagship from Nemesis
- Skyship Weatherlight from Apocalypse
- Skysovereign, Consul Flagship from Kaladesh (and other vehicles).