History[edit | edit source]
After an enthusiastic response from the MTG community, the creators of the app realized the need for the resource to expand beyond Commander to other formats. In order to embrace all formats, they decided to rebrand with a new name, SpellTable, in May 2020.
In August 2020, the creators of SpellTable joined Wizards of the Coast. It was announced that the considerable resources and relationships provided by being part of Wizards of the Coast would allow them to continually improve the app.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Connect live with Magic players around the world.
- Use your webcam or phone positioned above the battlefield
- Click on a card on any player's feed to quickly identify it from a built-in database
- Keeps track of your game state, by life and damage tracking.
- Multiple video layouts
- Turn indicator and turn clock.
References[edit | edit source]
- Vorthos Mike (January 8, 2020). "SpellTable Blog". Coolstuffinc.com.
- David McCoy (August 17, 2020). "SpellTable Joins Wizards of the Coast". Hipsters of the Coast.
- Chris Peeler (March 5, 2021). "Join The Time Spiral Remastered Launch Party on SpellTable". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
[edit | edit source]
- WPN (March 1, 2021). "Remote Magic Made Easy with SpellTable Beta". Wizards Play Network.
- WPN (March 2, 2021). "Set Up Webcam Magic Events with SpellTable Beta". Wizards Play Network.
- WPN (March 2, 2021). "Prep Your Players for SpellTable Beta". Wizards Play Network.