|Symbol description||Star with superimposed S (not used on the cards)|
|Release date||April 24, 2000|
(35 commons, 6 uncommons, 3 rares, 10 basic lands)
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
Starter 2000 is a starter-level set that came out in April, 2000. All cards in this set are reprints from Sixth Edition, Portal and Starter. The cards from Sixth Edition are not different from their original printing. The ones from Portal and Starter do differ, in that they have no expansion symbol. These were legalized for Legacy and Vintage on October 20, 2005
Set details[edit | edit source]
Starter 2000 was exclusively sold in the Starter 2000 game box. A sampler pack that was released in magazines is also considered part of Starter 2000. A 24-card Demogame booster was provided via the Guru program.
Starter 2000 game box[edit | edit source]
The Starter 2000 game box included:
- Two decks with 22 cards each
- Two 15-card packs with more advanced cards (artifacts, enchantments and instants)
- A collectable premium card featuring exclusive art (Rhox) 
- Two play guides
- An easy-to-read rulebook
- Two playmats with scorekeeping disks
- A CD-ROM with mini-games that cover some aspects of Magic play
Decklists[edit | edit source]
Player A[edit | edit source]
Player B[edit | edit source]
Starter 2000 sampler pack[edit | edit source]
The Starter 2000 sampler pack contains the following cards:
- Armored Pegasus
- Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
- Spined Wurm
- Stone Rain
References[edit | edit source]
- Wizards of the Coast (August 02, 2004). "Ask Wizards - August, 2004". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe (March 11, 2005). "More About March 1st". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (August 01, 2003). "Starter Rhox". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.