The Store Championship is a two-day seasonal Magic: The Gathering tournament that was organized by the DCI in 2017 and 2018 and was reinstated in 2021. The tournament is played in local game and hobby stores around the world, at the end of the Standard Showdown of each set's season.
The early Store Championship events were Standard format tournaments, using only the newest cards the game had to offer. They were a continuation of the Magic Game Day, which used to be held much earlier in the season. All participants received a foil full-art promo preview card that showcased the upcoming next set (while supplies lasted). There was no additional card for Top 8 finishers. Instead, store champion playmats and program-exclusive deck boxes awaited those who emerged victorious.
The first Store Championship was held on December 30–31, 2017, as culmination of the Ixalan release. The series was short-lived, because for Guilds of Ravnica it was already replaced by the Magic Weekend. In Asian counties the Store Championship continued to exist as part of the Store Challenger Series.
The Store Championships were reinstated for Innistrad: Crimson Vow. This time around, participants received a special promo, with extra promos for the Top 8 and the winner. The latter promos awarded at WPN Premium stores will have the store name printed on them. Stores may determine the chosen format themselves (Standard, Modern, Pioneer or Limited).
List of cards
|Championship||Date||Preview for||Participation promo||Top 8 (foil)||Winner (foil)|
|Ixalan||December 30–31, 2017||Rivals of Ixalan||Ghalta, Primal Hunger |
|Rivals of Ixalan||April 2–8, 2018||Dominaria||Steel Leaf Champion|
|Dominaria||June 18–24, 2018||Core Set 2019||Demon of Catastrophes |
|Core Set 2019||September 10–16, 2018||Guilds of Ravnica||Emmara, Soul of the Accord |
|Guilds of Ravnica||November 9–11, 2018||Ravnica Allegiance||Lavinia, Azorius Renegade|
|Innistrad: Midnight Hunt / Innistrad: Crimson Vow||December 4-5, 2021||Arbor Elf||Collected Company||Wurmcoil Engine|
|July 2022||July 9–17, 2022||Flame Slash||Archmage's Charm||Dark Confidant|
|Dominaria United||October 15–22, 2022|
- Chris Tulach (July 16, 2017). "In-Store Play Evolves". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (October 29, 2018). "Introducing Magic Weekend". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Adam Styborski (August 24, 2021). "What Happened In Magic Showcase 2021?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (August 25, 2021). "Store Championship Arrive December 2021". Magic.gg.
- WPN (August 24, 2021). "Details About Our Two New WPN Play Programs". Wizards Play Network.
- Blake Rasmussen (October 30, 2017). "Ixalan Store Championship Goodies". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen (June 11, 2018). "Core Set 2019 Packaging, Promos, and More". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen (September 4, 2018). "Guilds of Ravnica Packaging, Promos, and More". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- WPN (November 2, 2021). "Don't Forget! Schedule Your Store Championship Event to Secure Brag-Worthy Promos". Wizards Play Network.
- Wizards of the Coast (May 12, 2022). "Your Sneak Peek at Double Masters 2022, Dominaria United, and Beyond". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.