Svogthos is the Guildhall of the Golgari in the Undercity of Ravnica. It is a massive former cathedral with a huge amphitheater and towering columns, so ancient that even the Erstwhile no longer recall its origins. It currently stands at the center of Korozda, the Maze of Decay, an immense circular maze of fungal hedgerows and overgrown, moss-encrusted ruins.
The arched subterranean structure of Svogthos is elaborately decorated and gilded, a sign that it used to be a cathedral of the Orzhov Syndicate. Denizens of Above would whisper of how the cathedral was beautiful, once. Its curved arches and stony towers glistened with obsidian and silver in days gone by. But the wear of centuries left it cold and damp, heavy with the smell of staleness and soil. Svogthos is a semi-living structure in which the detached, severed head of Svogthir is housed and is claimed to move as the center of Golgari territory shifts.
Inside Svogthos is a cavernous chamber, known as the Statuary. A raised stone causeway runs through its center, with statues lining either side. Except the statues aren't truly statues, they are Vraska's victims. While Jarad and his Devkarin had preferred the psychotropic delights of the rot gardens, Vraska had moved the court back to Svogthos, and had build a throne out of her petrified opponents.
- Greg Weisman (May 29, 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica – Desperate Operatives". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Django Wexler (June 26, 2019), The Gathering Storm, Chapter Four.
- Alison Luhrs (May 31, 2017). "Pride of the Kraul". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley, November, 2012. "Card of the Day - November, 2012". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Cory J. Herndon (2005). Ravnica Cycle, Book I: Ravnica, Wizards of the Coast