Examples[edit | edit source]
: Add .
: Add or . Activate this ability only if you control a Swamp.
History[edit | edit source]
Aside from Tainted Peak, each card has since been reprinted in a special set: Tainted Isle in Planechase 2012, Tainted Field in Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt and Tainted Wood in Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska. Both Tainted Field and Tainted Wood also got reprinted with new frame in Commander 2015. Additionally, Tainted Field appeared in Explorers of Ixalan.
List of tainted lands[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tainted lands work with nonbasic lands that have the swamp subtype, like Leechridden Swamp or Watery Grave.
- Check lands are another cycle of lands that provide an upside if the player controls a land of a particular type. They enter the battlefield untapped if the condition is met.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tainted land cycle is unique in that it centers around all possible color combinations with one particular color — black. Each other dual land cycle in existence centers around either allied colors or enemy colors.
- As of now, no cycles for any of the other basic land types has been printed.
- They are also the only uncommon dual lands with the potential to consistently produce colored mana, as opposed to cycles like slow lands or storage duals.
- The artwork of each tainted land is based on that of a respective basic land from Odyssey, representing a darker version of the original.
References[edit | edit source]