: Add .
: Add or . Activate this ability only if you control a Swamp.
Each card has since been reprinted in a special set: Tainted Isle in Planechase 2012, Tainted Field in Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt, Tainted Wood in Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska, and Tainted Peak in the Planar Portal Forgotten Realms Commander Deck. Both Tainted Field and Tainted Wood also got reprinted with new frame in Commander 2015 and Commander 2021. Additionally, Tainted Field appeared in Explorers of Ixalan, and Tainted Isle appeared in the Undead Unleashed Midnight Hunt Commander Deck.
List of tainted lands
- Tainted lands work with nonbasic lands that have the swamp subtype, like Leechridden Swamp or Watery Grave.
- Check lands are another cycle of lands that provide an upside if the player controls a land of a particular type. They enter the battlefield untapped if the condition is met.
- The tainted land cycle is unique in that it centers around all possible color combinations with one particular color — black. Each other dual land cycle in existence centers around either allied colors or enemy colors.
- As of now, no cycles for any of the other basic land types has been printed.
- They are also the only uncommon dual lands with the potential to consistently produce colored mana, as opposed to cycles like nap lands or storage duals.
- The artwork of each tainted land is based on that of a respective basic land from Odyssey, representing a darker version of the original.