|Symbol description||A combination of the symbols of the Tempest block|
Adam Prosak (lead) |
Ian Duke (lead) |
|Art direction||Matt Wilson|
|Release date||May 6, 2015|
|Themes and mechanics||en-Kor, Flowstone, Spikes, Slivers|
|Keywords/ability words||Buyback, Shadow|
(101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, 15 mythic rares, 20 basic lands)
|Magic Online Masters series|
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
For Tempest Remastered, R&D revisited the Tempest block. The 621 cards from Tempest, Stronghold and Exodus were reduced to the best 269 and the best playing archetypes. The set contains 101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, 15 mythic rares, and 20 basic lands. There's no new art, but the cards have received new card frames. Several rarity shifts allowed for a better draft environment. Green received lots of rarity downshifts because it was easily the worst color in the original set. On the other hand, a couple of strong red and black creature-removal spells were removed. The Licids were considered a failure, and didn't make it either. Cycles (e.g. Slivers) were broken up.
Because digital isn't bound by the Reserved List, Tempest Remastered was able to feature 22 cards from that list. Excluding basic lands, the set contained 143 cards from Tempest, 58 from Stronghold and 48 from Exodus.
Tempest Remastered was available in booster pack form, with each booster retailing for $3.99. Each pack contained:
Tempest Remastered has three complete cycles:
|Allied-color Slivers||Crystalline Sliver||Hibernation Sliver||Acidic Sliver||Spined Sliver||Victual Sliver|
|Each of these 2/2 Sliver creatures has a converted mana cost of 2 that requires two allied colors of mana to pay.|
|Slow lands||Thalakos Lowlands||Rootwater Depths||Cinder Marsh||Mogg Hollows||Vec Townships|
|Each of these uncommon dual lands can be tapped for or one mana of two allied colors; if tapped for the latter, it doesn't untap during your next untap step.|
|Enemy-color tap-pain lands||Salt Flats||Caldera Lake||Pine Barrens||Scabland||Skyshroud Forest|
|Each of these uncommon lands comes into play tapped and can be tapped for or one mana of two enemy colors; if tapped for the latter, it deals 1 damage to you.|
Changes in rarity
Changes in rarity, compared to the cards in the original Tempest block.
Common to Uncommon
Uncommon to Rare
Rare to Mythic Rare
Rare to Uncommon
Uncommon to Common
- Information below the text box
- David Whitfield. (October 21, 2013.) "Announcing Tempest Remastered", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Worth Wollpert (November 9, 2015). "Magic Online in 2015—A Look Back". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (March 30, 2015). "Tempest Remastered Card Image Gallery". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Marshall Sutcliffe (April 29, 2015). "Tempest Remastered Primer". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard (May 1, 2015). "Remastering Tempest". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- David Whitfield (March 31, 2015). "Adam Prosak and Ian Duke Tempest Remastered Interview". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.