Template talk:Token list item
Two things I want to discuss[edit source]
- I implemented extra2 logc for Giant Teddy Bear, however the selection type logic does not seem to work with the new parameter and I have no idea how to fix it.
- Usually all creature type pages are plural. Usually the singular page links to the plural page, except for Spike. I am not entirely sure if we should move the creature types to singular pages in general. Or and that would be a new feature. Create the links in a way that the plural page is linked and perhaps introduce a parameter to change the default plurals for 1, extra and extra2 - Yandere Sliver 17:30, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
- I think creature type articles should match the actual creature type. This makes them easier to work with in templates, and singular is correct wiki style. —Fenhl 18:39, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
- Cool stuff. I agree with you on the second topic. I would open a discussion on the forum to get other opinions involved since it is quite a big change. - Yandere Sliver 22:33, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
- I agree too. But that means a lot of work, huh. --Tuamir (talk) 01:41, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- I did have a talk with Hunter. He is not opposed to this change if everything is consistent in the end. The main work is probably deleting singular redirects and move the plural page, which needs Admin rights aka I will probably do it. - Yandere Sliver 09:15, 16 November 2016 (UTC)
(reset indent) The dirty deed is done. Creature type articles should be all in singular now. - Yandere Sliver 21:20, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
The bullet list of token sources display poorly[edit source]
Cards that create this token, as a bullet list. Use < c > tags. Viewing the Bat tokens template within the desktop version of Firefox, for example, I see that the various columns in this template will resize themselves depending on the width of my browser window. At certain widths, the template will split card names across multiple rows within a column, creating legibility issues. With this example, it can appear to imply that there are seven cards that make the 1/1 Bat token: "Belfry Spirit", "Regal", "Skeletal", "Desecrated", "Bloodlord", "Vampire", and "Tomb" and that there are two cards that make the 1/2 Bat token: "Sengir", and "Vampire".
It was interesting to me that this width showed three different looks: "Belfry Spirit" was short enough to be wholly named in what appeared as a single cell, the three others had their names split across rows within the same column, but "Sengir Vampire" had its name split across two columns.
Is it possible these legibility issues would be eliminated with the adoption of another method of listing these source cards? My initial thought was simply to list the cards on one line as comma-separated values, < c >Belfry Spirit</ c >, < c >Regal Bloodlord</ c >, < c >Skeletal Vampire</ c >, < c >Desecrated Tomb< c > --Haze01smash (talk) 00:25, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback. We realized that as well it should display as 3 columns with class="ul-column-count-3" breaks somehow in Firefox. I forgot that issue for quite some time. But I agree that something needs to change here. Ideally we only touch this template and can hopefully fix the whole wiki. Let me look into this and ask some other people if they have and idea how to address that issue. - Yandere Sliver 00:43, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- Actually it just hit me we could switch from class="ul-column-count-3" to class="hlist". That should work in all browsers and I think is readable enough. Also we do not need to touch anything else. - Yandere Sliver 00:56, 7 August 2018 (UTC)