|This article documents an upcoming release.|
|The Brothers' War|
Ari Nieh (lead)|
|Release date||November 18, 2022|
|March of the Machine Standard|
The Brothers' War is designed as an "event set", meaning that its mechanical structure is built around an event rather than a world. In this case, the set revolves around the story of the Brothers' War, a major event in Magic's timeline that was previously portrayed in the set Antiquities and various works of fiction such as the novel The Brothers' War.
Returning to a pivotal story of Dominaria's — and Magic's — history, what started as a feud between Urza and Mishra erupted into an all-out war that set into motion the future of the plane and Multiverse itself. Through the lens of Dominaria's locations, characters, and victims of the conflict, we'll see a plane-spanning conflict escalate with artifacts, giant artifact creatures, and beyond.
|Urza's Iron Alliance||W||U||B|
|Mishra's Burnished Banner||U||B||R|
- Mark Rosewater (August 27, 2021). "We just shifted one earlier. Standard didn’t go up in premier sets.". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (April 19, 2021). "Strixhaven Vision Design Handoff Document, Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Adam Styborski (August 24, 2021). "What Happened In Magic Showcase 2021?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (May 12, 2022). "Your Sneak Peek at Double Masters 2022, Dominaria United, and Beyond". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (November 7, 2021). "Is Brothers' Wars considered an event set?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (November 7, 2021). "Besides War of the Spark and Brothers' War, has Magic ever done any other event sets?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Magic Showcase 2021 (live) (Video). Magic: The Gathering. YouTube (August 24, 2021).