The Colors of Magic is an anthologies novel published in February 1999. It features stories by various writers. It was edited by Jess Lebow.
The Brothers' struggle for power has ended ...
Argoth is decimated ...
Tidal waves have turned canyons into rivers ...
Earthquakes leveled the cities ...
Dominaria is in ruins.
Now the struggle for this war-torn world is to survive.
List of stories
- The angel Kotara is forced to commit violent acts of revenge by the mage Sabul Hajeen.
- Reprisal by Tom Leupold
- Finroy of Tyarel is given a job as a servant of Lord Rothchild but discovers the Lord may not be the benevolent and capable leader everyone takes him for.
- Edgur, a mere apprentice, makes a deal with a deal with a nature spirit, hoping to win the hand of the woman he loves.
- A Song out of Darkness by Loren L. Coleman
- This story features a "scientific" article written by the not-very-respected archaeologist Armand Ar-Basinno. Its a humorous piece in which Ar-Bassino mistakes a goblin's description of a ball game called cricket (but otherwise almost identical to American football) for some intricate religious ritual.
- The Crucible of the Orcs by Don Perrin
- Two sister commit dark acts by an equally dark and murky lake...
- The Mirror of Yesterday by Jonathan Tweet
- Bound in Shallows by Kevin T. Stein
- The Gold Border